Clinic Buddy comes with 6 example records to understand how it works. It is designed to be a place to write down all your notes, clinical gems, or any information you may need to access quickly. It is recommended to spend some time time copying useful information such as protocols, acupuncture and herbal prescriptions for specific conditions from your personal notes.
1. Adding or Deleting Records
To help manage the amount of entries in the program, records can be added or deleted.
To add a new condition click the Add/Delete Condition button and select "Add" from the dialogue box. A new blank record will be added at the end for you to enter in any information.
To delete a condition, navigate to the record you would like to remove, click the Add/Delete Condition button, and select "Delete" from the dialogue box. A warning will pop up to verify that you want to permanently remove this record. Click "Delete". Remember, once a record has been deleted it cannot be recovered without reverting to a backed up copy of Clinic Buddy. For information on restoring to a backup copy, click the General Help button to the left.
By clicking the Search Records button, you will be able to search all of the records you've created for specific information. Just type the keyword(s) you'd like to search for into whatever field they belong in and hit the "return" or "enter" key. To get results, make sure you enter keywords in the corresponding fields. For example, your probably get better results searching for "kidney stones" in the "Condition" field than the "Acupuncture" or "Herbs" field. The number of records found with your keyword(s) will be displayed in the results box at the top left. If six conditions were found, the results box will say "1 of 6" and you will be able to browse them by clicking the red navigation buttons.
3. Importing and Exporting Your Information to Share
The more information you have in Clinic Buddy, the more useful it will become. Feel free to trade or share the information you've entered in Clinic Buddy with others and watch your personal library grow!
Exporting your Clinic Buddy Information
1. Click the "Show All Records" button.
2. Go to the "File" pull-down menu at the top of your screen and select "Export Records".
3. Create a name for the new file containing your information.
4. For the "type", pull down the options and select "FileMaker Pro".
5. Click "Move All" on the following screen.
5. Click "Export" and you're done.
Importing Someone Else's Clinic Buddy Information
1. Make a backup of your information first! (Go to the "General Help" section of the help documentation for instructions how to make a backup.)
2. Go to the "File" pull-down menu at the top of your Clinic Buddy screen and select "Import Records" and then "File".
3. Navigate to the file containing the information you'd like to import. (It should be in the FileMaker Pro format and end with ".fp7") Click "Open".
4. In the new window that appears make sure the "Arrange by" pull down menu is set to "Matching Names".
5. Click "Import" on the following screens and you're done!